For 40 years, the Coastal Commission has kept over development at bay and protected our right to enjoy California’s beaches. But an attempt to fire the Commission’s executive director, Dr. Charles Lester, is about to change all that.
Join us at the Commission’s next public hearing, Wednesday, Feb. 10 at 10 a.m. in Morro Bay, to speak to the current staff’s accomplishments, urge Commissioners to retain Dr. Lester and ask them to continue protecting California’s beaches as the Coastal Act requires.
Traveling to the Hearing from Marin County
- The EAC is coordinating a bus to transport activists to and from Marin County and Morro Bay.
- We will reserve hotel rooms for the first 30 activists that sign up.
- February 9, 2016 at 12pm Bus will depart from Marin County (departure location to be determined)
The bus will travel South to Morro Bay, and activists will be dropped off at the hotel.
The hotel is located downtown and within walking distance to local restaurants and shops.
- February 10, 2016 the group will attend the public hearing at Morro Bay Community Center 1001 Kennedy Way, Morro Bay, CA 93442. Link to the Coastal Commission hearing here.
- The bus will return to Marin County in the late afternoon on February 10th.
How to Sign Up
- Email events (at) eacmarin.org with any questions.
Donate to the Cause
Provide financial support to the advocacy action being taken to save our coast and the integrity of the Coastal Commission.
Any contribution you can make helps us cover the costs of getting supporters to Morro Bay, and all of our grassroots advocacy work we are doing. Contributions of $5, $10, $25, or $50 will help tremendously.
Your donation is 100% tax deductible as EAC is a 501(c)3 non-profit.